"A large deficit in NASA's troubled shuttle program threatens to seriously delay and possibly cripple President Bush's space exploration initiative unless the number of planned flights is cut virtually in half or the White House agrees to add billions of dollars to the human spaceflight budget."
Earlier NASA Watch postings:
- Griffin's Lunch With Andy Card
- Is OMB Considering Shuttle Termination?
- White House Memo Calls For Slashing Remaining Space Shuttle Flights
- NASA Internal Memo from Michael Griffin to William Gerstenmaier: In-Guide Option for FY 2007 Budget
- Kicking Costs Down The Road
- $5-6 Billion Shortfall? Old News
"... the end result is, we have to figure out the runout for the '07 budget, and we know we need about $6 B more than we have in the budget, for whatever set of historical reasons, which now do not matter. "