Weather Doesn't Look Good For Today's Launch Attempt

Editor's note: Weather conditions at KSC do not look very favorable right now. Forecasters predict only a 30% chance that weather conditions will permit a launch today at 3:26 pm EDT. Things look to be much the same on Monday as well (40% chance) - but they do look better on Tuesday, July 4th (60%) [see launch weather report]

Editor's note: The following image showing Ops Commit Criteria, was shown on one of the KSC video feeds at 11:00 am EDT. With all the red (no go) ratings under "observed comditions", It doesn't bode well for a launch today.

NASA's Launch Blog - Mission STS-121

"If we scrub today due to weather, mission managers will meet later to decide if they want to make a third consecutive launch attempt or stand down for one day and try again on Tuesday."

  • submit to reddit


Kepler Communications - Aether
Baen Books - The Spacetime War by Les Johnson

Join our mailing list

Commercialization: Monthly Archives

Monthly Archives

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Keith Cowing published on July 2, 2006 11:06 AM.

Calculating Risk was the previous entry in this blog.

STS-121 Scrub Updates is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.