"The Senate tonight passed the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Act of 2005, legislation authored by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), Chairman of the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Science and Space. The legislation authorizes NASA for Fiscal Years 2007 and 2008, establishes a policy objective of uninterrupted U.S. spaceflight capability and requires completion of the International Space Station (ISS).It has been reconciled with the House version and will now be sent to President Bush to be signed into law."
- Senate Approves NASA Authorization Conference Report,Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- NASA Authorization Act Headed to the President's Desk, Rep. Calvert
- Boehlert and Calvert Applaud Passage of NASA Authorization Bill, House Science Committee
- NASA Administrator's Authorization Bill Statement, NASA
- Senate Passes NASA Authorization - IFPTE Hopeful Workforce Language Sets Precedent for All Federal Agencies