- October 6, 2021
More Trump Staff Changes at NASA HQ (Update)
Keith’s 29 March update: NASA HQ sources report that Jeff Waksman was escorted out of the building by NASA security. Greg Autry was similarly escorted out of the building last year. Erik Noble did not get a golden watch either. But at least they were not fired by Twitter. FWIW no one who has devoted their time to NASA really deserves this sort of treatment. The Trump politicals at NASA are not a friendly bunch. Its like Game of Thrones. Tick tock.
Keith’s 28 March note: Sources report that Trump political employee Jeff Waksman, Special Assistant to the Administrator, has been fired. There has been a certain amount of in-fighting amongst the Trump political appointees on the 9th floor at NASA HQ. Waksman is the third one to be fired in the past year. There will probably be at least one more departure in the near future.
– How Jonathan Dimock Auditioned To Be NASA White House Liaison, earlier post
– Chief of Staff Erik Noble Has Left NASA, earlier post
– Palace Intrigue On The 9th Floor At NASA HQ, earlier post
– Beachhead Team Members At NASA HQ, earlier post
– NASA Headquarters Transition Update – New 9th Floor Faces, earlier post
– Jeff Waksman, LinkedIn
“Member of President’s “Beachhead” team at NASA, with a focus on policy/strategy/budget. Tasks include:
• Work with NASA’s Strategy & Policy team, as well as both internal and external stakeholders, to develop policy and budget options for the incoming Administrator.
• Coordinate with the Executive Office of the President to ensure consistency of purpose, and to make sure that the White House’s vision of space exploration and science/technology development is fulfilled.
• Assist NASA leadership with development of the President’s FY2018 budget request and NASA’s updated Strategic Plan.
• Work to increase efficiency within NASA, including both government reform and also helping the various NASA centers and NASA mission directorates to work more closely together.
As part of this role, served as a member of the President-elect’s transition team on the NASA Landing Team from December 2016-January 2017, working with a highly skilled and experienced team to craft an agency policy plan for NASA.”